Wednesday, March 24, 2021

today's poem - "when sunglasses were everything (take 2)"

when sunglasses were everything (take 2)

 

At an ambivalent horse show, speaking Esperanto  

owled in my stylish sunglasses     

outside looking inside smirched glass houses
lobbing stones – chimpanzee nimble

Call me anything but call me my funk name:

Dab Stupid

 

Yes whomp me upside my head                   

in my double-mirror wraparound shades            

and fallingdown house:

To squint is to see

How dull and stupid everything seems              

 

And then, enter modernly thorough Millicent

$1,000 on her nose, her extreme meta-designer shades

vectoring my eye-windows

entrancingly exhibiting birdlike opulence          

fab wandering skinny queen, sheathed in diamond      

past me her beanpoled selves in fly-vision twangle

 

People, bust me right upside my head coz     

(Soon)  she gonna be married she says
she’s hitching her mules up to Reuben      

successful boy scientist down Marvin street

raise up a family      

twelve children, maybe thirteen        

A little home in the country


Woe is a me ba

So bust me upside my cornpone head           

coz I ain’t nothing but a country fool   

Millicent is diligent and won’t be negligent

to her businesslike betrothal

and I am pierced to my heart in my flashy eyewear   

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment