Wednesday, March 3, 2021

poetry blog disclaimer re-claimer

Pumping a poem a day is humbling - some seem to connect with readers, some not: inevitably not the point of poetry or poetry blog though 

Just for clarity - all of these poems except two were on one-day turnaround. Popcorn Psalm has been in the intermitting works for some time and one other was drawn from the recent (2 month) archive.

I have to say, my poems mostly come to me as visions - I see something, either words or images and delineate in a poem what was in the vision and its immediate suggestions to me. It's a haphazard approach, but the way all of this works for me - usually. All in this blog have originated in this fashion. At other times, I used a variety of other methods to squeeze out a poem.

I'm not pretending this matters all that much, I am just capturing how my poetry works for me.

Some poems please me, some not so much - and many begin somewhere and end some unpredictable elsewhere. I like that about it. They seem to draw on knowledge or backgrounds I don't exactly control and can only access by mistake, or chance.  So the poetry thing remains quite interesting in that regard.  Aside from that, the joy is in crafting something unique to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment