Friday, March 19, 2021

today's poem - "when sunglasses were everything"

 

when sunglasses were everything

 

as  I comport myself a dab stupidly           foolish my indignation                                                    

in her stylish sunglasses    outside my window inside a looking-smirch-glass
like a horse show horse outracing me            and all poohbahs of the world aside

like an Exquisita they say she        is a po boy’s fancy dream come true

      

would she put up with a nutjob like me   impertinent impatient stagnacity

so whomp me upside my head             moron fingers who let her slip through      

in my double-mirror wraparound shades             and fallingdown house

to squint is to nearly see                all lopsided architecture aside

 

I watch her between mullions    $1,000 on her nose      she cascades through my window  

to sashay entrancingly exhibit         a  lateral birdlike prism opulence            

fab skinny queen wanderer            passes my beanpoled yard

and think “Clomp Me Upside My Head”     and watch Conchita fly, Fly Away

 

People, bust me upside my head coz       (Soon)  she gonna be married
she’s hitching up to Reuben        successful scientist down Marvin street

raise up a family       two children, maybe three         A little home in the country
Bust me upside my head           Coz I ain’t nothing but a country fool       

 

I might as well pass away         I never learned nothing in school     and now I’m trash

 

No comments:

Post a Comment