Thursday, March 18, 2021

today's poem - "Spectral Morning Haze"

 

Spectral Morning Haze

clumped river-mist-obscures my headful of fog

 

I want to sleep but wake want to wake but sleep

gaze-less see don’t see eyes half close half open  

dim and faded color-daze-swampmeet

 

like a slow river watch the forest ceiling

wait for day to remove hundreds of bats

who echolocate corners away from sunlight

 

and driftwoods away focus-free

 -don’t take a picture now

 

in the Land of the Free

         casual time sloshes painfully

 as I wonder a day shut

                                  full of what ifs ands and buts

 

fenced round within artificial walls, I fail to think

 

thoughts stutter

birds with crash wings waffle flat rise and fall

absorbing pinwheels of sameness

to inflate like bleak bread rises

in a charcoal ring sun

around blue sky shot gray

normal daylight estranges

an empty box of time

 

the static emptiness no hobo speech can elongate

windows suddenly open on a universe unspooled

 

I spit, I cough, I blow my nose, I drink coffee,

I pace, I walk, I shake my head, I kneel,

I gaze about me, I remember, I think, I begin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment