Thursday, February 1, 2018

The Usual Dilemma

I notice classmates are engaged in a different MFA process than I am. They seem to see preparing the monthly packet of work as something to get done quickly (get the ticket punched) somewhat more than I do. I look at more as work all month to improve what I am doing, then deposit the results for evaluation. (Relatively speaking). These are two distinct approaches.

This relates also to the quandary of whether to prepare work for a contest or submission versus do the work to get the best result you can and then search about for somewhere to submit (if at all). Distinct.

I note that people tend not to share their work with each other much, preferring their mode of communication to be journals, books, whatever.  Odd, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment