Thursday, February 8, 2018

I guess its enough

I keep thinking I'm not doing enough, but today I wrote up my critical essay on the triolet, wrote 10 triolets and a sonnet. I also read some mythology, some E.B. Browning and some C.K. Wright. Here's the sonnet - it's a kind of crazy, abstract, word sausage poem:


(abstract) Wind-a-Mill Sonnet

Shattered like a slatted treadmill scattered
Flustered, blistered, beyond all things plastered
Rattled as though they existed and stuttered
Meddled and blissed and then again scuttled
Battened as though listed, they were flattered
Wrestled through windfarms oddly flickered
Faltered as they toasted odd wind-a-mills shattered
Fluttered because misted and duly mastered
Knitted, busted whereof knew, they muttered
Pickled, puckered, battered, fattened, muddled
Shuttered, were it wasted, were it not puttered
Adulated though twisted until patterned
Mattered it not, glittered, glistened when erred
Sheltered to be boasted in the wind and flittered






No comments:

Post a Comment