Thursday, February 1, 2018

Next up: Full Docket

I'm moving to the next section of my semester:

1. Poetics review (theory, principles, definitions)

2. MORE KAFKA (get to atomic level of In the Penal Colony, more thinking on translation and adaptation, structure for planned poem)

3. Sonnets Book Revisions and Organization

4. Aesthetics

5. Essay on Constraining Poetic Forms  (triolet, micropoetry, etc)

I sent the first packet for review to my advisor, Tomas and will hear back in a week, when I can add "Revisions" to the above list. I sent my first submission since starting the MFA. (3 poems: "Squirrels of the West", "J Harbor by day break" and "bonba atomikoa" to Tinderbox.  These three poems are very various.


I had a virus the last couple of days and note how it depressed the poetry output. (duh)

No comments:

Post a Comment