Sunday, February 14, 2021

poem - Haircut / Werewolf

 

Haircut / Werewolf

Haircut

Turn off that surf music, Vinnie!

Why the wait today? What?

I have some demands; I can’t have a bad haircut – you feel me?

I want you to go step-by-step

Keep showing me in the mirror what is going on

Many, many mirror checks

I need it to be right!

Razor cut the top, scissor cut the side, no buzzer

Here’s the picture of what I want

I want it tight!

Fade the back instead

I marked the differences I need

Do you get it?

I only have one hour cut time, so be efficient, all right?

No phone calls

massage my entire scalp before you start

it needs it and my hair needs thorough moisturizing

Let me feel it and see it before you start cutting

you might need to moisten more before we start

Wait, hold up!

don’t just cut it down to length right away

cut it a bit longer first so I can verify the shape and look

I want to approve each area before you finish

What’s that you’re doing right now?

No, I want what I want not what you want

OK!

Hold up now and give me the mirror

How long have you been cutting hair again?

This chair is uncomfortable, I don’t care if it’s an antique

Okay, go ahead and finish that cut

Remember, I have a time limit here

Whoops? No whoops, dammit!

Let me see, uh-huh, OK

No. No blow-dry. Here, use this product, not your stuff.


 

 

Werewolf

Inner

In the dark window glass

 

the image is clear

 

I look polished

 

hair the way I like

 

I’ll keep going to that shop

 

What is that? Oh, no!

 

I don’t believe in werewolves:

It must be a prank!

 

I’m being ripped away

 

He is in my mind

 

I

 

 

( nothing )

 

Outer

Beyond, the darkness unseen

 

Moving to the outside window

 

An uninfected person is there

 

A being reflecting happiness

 

Happiness, a thing I’ll never know

 

He sees me, his drear dream

 

What a fussy haircut!

 

 

What is this person?

 

He resists me!

 

Ah, a police officer – tormentor of the living

 

Then fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment