Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Work Plan and Advisor

In other MFA Residency news:

I was assigned Tomas Morin as my advisor (I was hoping for this assignment)and I met with him in a group and then one on one to plan the semester's work.

Tomas had a lot of good advice for me on revisions and organization for projects I am planning and we worked out practical strategies for all of those projects and ways to get everything reviewed that I would like to have reviewed.

He was also able to write an immediate reading list for me to address all the categories (poetry, criticism and other) that I requested. I'll be doing a lot of reading.  There are over 30 books on the list, and I have a list of my own to include.

After this meeting, I felt very much more secure in my ideas and plans.

I will be sending 5 packets over the next 4 months for review (poems and critical writing), and Tomas will provide feedback in return.



2 comments:

  1. That's great news John. I'll bet you're really looking forward to this work. Success, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chod. You would enjoy the immense flow of talk here. I'm in vocal-processing buzz-out about now.

    ReplyDelete