Wednesday, August 11, 2021

today's poem - Broken I-Pad

Broken I-Pad

 

I half-heartedly attempt reasonable thought

at a phone-charging station in a glitzy mall

inert while Apple diagnoses Patricia’s I-Pad

 

Unreasonably - I worry about ubiquitous actors

like Jake from State Farm and the woman’s name

I forgot selling their futures to hawk fear  

 

After wrecking careers via reasonable sell-outs

their days number professional hopes subsuming

in greed and need to build a personality brand

 

in unreasonably expensive cars, taking meetings

buffeting around L.A. getting pitched and angling

for favorable positions on a scrap heap of hedonism

 

I worry they won’t invest in their futures in time

after shedding reasonable pride for insipid roles

and presumably lucrative temporary paydays

 

doomed by years of method acting, falsity

and plastic surgery to create an imaginary reality.

-should I attempt reasonable thought elsewhere?

 

When will that I-Pad be ready? 

No comments:

Post a Comment