Friday, May 7, 2021

3 Short Poems: "in San Francisco", "Encore" and "Death Sentence"

 

in San Francisco

 

Old Moby Grape is a sailor

his ship a long time comin’

 

Clouds above his head full of sky

are a surrealistic pillow

 

-live, dead, or on happy trails

they are his crown of creation

 

But I feel like I’m fixin’ to die, he felt

just like Santana after the Alamo

 

Wow, when will my war ever end?

 

 

 

Encore

When Elvis is fifty years gone

let’s line the streets

in Hollywood, Memphis

Las Vegas, Tupelo

in the neon lights’ glow

to sing Are You Lonesome Tonight

once again with the King

 

 

 

Death Sentence

 

One distressingly matter of factly

never worn earthbound

ordinarily cruelly brutal Day

 

My first amendment mouth lost its career

-due to loud, unflinching

and Public opposition to the Death Sentence

 

anti-capital punishment capital punishment irony aside

This is a Nightmare!

a corporeal carpool of uncooperative incorporation

 

I’m lost in an amaze of buildings

turning one thing from another

found lost and behind in my work

 

Numb in non-union minion labyrinthine

conundrums of un-presided deregulated

self-reinforcing systems of regret am I

 

and my opposition to the Death Sentence remains fast and true

No comments:

Post a Comment