Thursday, April 22, 2021

today's poem - "Refresh"

 

Refresh

I can’t remember the name of that memory drug, but it really works!

One could say that the need to remember is

 

Or, that the thing that we can’t do without is memory

Except, (I forget what I was going to say)

So maybe we can do without it

 

You know, when your mind fills so full it can’t hold any more

or the little retrieval machines work so hard to find anything

that they can’t possibly do it (can they?) then what?

 

Sometimes when I dream there are memories of prior dreams that I have been dreaming forever that I had forgotten – stairways into stairways of lost corridors

 

Where did I put that ukulele? Art suffers!

 

What’s in a name? What’s in a word or a memory or a memory of a name?

 

It could be that there isn’t anything important to say or that everything has been said so often that it doesn’t bear repeating (I can’t BEAR to say that again)?

 

When fishing in a deep lake and pulling up only old shoes – just enjoy the boating.

 

I was at the pharmacy looking for it but without the name and without remembering what I was looking for I just bought pretzels instead.  I remember when I was a kid and the pharmacy had a spinning rack of all the current comics – well, they could bring that back.  Perhaps I could be a paperboy again.

 

Could you repeat what you just said? Oh, all right then, never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment