Wednesday, April 28, 2021

gratuitous second poem - "Little Fellers from the Flying Saucer"

Little Fellers from the Flying Saucer

 

This is the story:

 

When the saucers came they took us all for a ride

It was a sad day, nobody the same after that day

because we all got the Flying Saucer PTSD

I realized how close to being just a monkey I was

 

It started with the steel saucer going over and over

then a two foot tall little feller in a black force

He made a really big sound, then waited, then another

I was thinking how bad this situation was and was shook

 

I yelled at the little feller, but he made me quiet

I guess it was with his brain – I couldn’t yell any more

My get up and go had got up and went – I got stiffened

They lifted us with air pockets into the Flying Saucer

 

Like coots in a cage we went riding around on board

while the little fellers put the hurt on our minds

and showed us spikey color things that sucked out thoughts

and pretty soon I must have been put to sleep, I can’t remember

 

When I woke up we were all outstanding in our field as before

listening to insect music and slowly working up to moving

Some of us could remember some of it some of us recalled other

and some of us couldn’t remember nothing at all like dopes

 

But now:

 

That was forty years ago, and now I think it was all just hooey

I can’t credit being flown around in a saucer anymore

even if Eddie and Marj and Del still talk about it on TV

I want to think we got hypnotized and bullshitted by scientists

 

Life slowly got better the less I thought about it

The Little Fellers seemed less real

The Flying Saucer seemed stupider

and I grew up and moved off to Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment