Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Today's groggy poem: "At Sleep Ranch"

At Sleep Ranch

 

All the sleep I ever wanted I could never get

is out near Nowhere on this empty-ass plain


I moved onto Sleep Ranch to fetch some siesta

Peaceful, restful; sleepy, sleepier, sleepiest


It’s quiet and comfortable and sleep-dim enough

for extended experiments in snoozing

 

I practice-sleep for weekly sleep-offs

slumber contests with myself where everyone wins

as selfless snooze fest piles on snooze fest

 

Occasionally waking and bumbling around

I fall asleep in an overstuffed chair

in a somnolent chamber before more bed-sleep


I stretch, perform ablutions, eat some cereal

then yawn, stretch and listen to lullabies

slumping unwakeful into fantasias of slumber

 

Sleeping at the Sleep Ranch is all I dreamed of

Uninterrupted, steadfast, prolongable napping

Periods of persistent dozing and sheep-counting

Interspersed with long afternoon unconsciousness

 

No comments:

Post a Comment