Saturday, June 19, 2021

Another Today's Poem -- "Your Name"

Your Name

 

Blindly I fly mothlike into flame

the glow of fire flickers in my eyes

and at the sound of your name

selling to your highest bidding suitor

I set up to burst and ignite

as the night sweats around me

 

To be a small-winged heat seeker

bent on demise, never seeking relief  

and powerless to shun averse feelings

unable unwilled unthinking unstoppable

in flames I seek the sound of your name

and disentangle from my dreamless life

 

Distressed I dart in carelessness

vacant in toothless headlong witless  

burning name-echo-pursuing quest

directionless inside night’s dark air

in unknown whirlpools of invisibility

and count lucky stars as each goes out    

 

a soul drawn relentless by magnetics

mingled end over end in your darkling haze

a glow of flickering fire in my eyes

rocking back and forth before I dive

and the sound of your name being sold

mothlike, blindly I disappear in flames

No comments:

Post a Comment