Monday, March 26, 2018

It's metaphysical

Plans!


1. Metaphysical Fortune Cookies
   an idea for a volume of fortune cookie messages like "you may not be who you think you are"  It is a challenge to make poetry this way, but I'm sure it can be done.

2. Read the Metaphysicals (Traherne, Vaughan, et al. They are on my mental syllabus for the semester, but I haven't gotten there yet. They are essential.

3. the Kafka Adaptation - lots of plotting and thinking so far, but small progress

4. Aesthetics! Phenomenology! I am still in progress on these two topics as related to poetics.  As Liz Camp, from Rutgers noted I am in the mainstream of philosophers through the ages in my slight progress in the area of aesthetics.

5. More sonnets and triolets, hybrid verse and prose.

6. More reading in the Romantics, Catullus, Greek playwrights, and post-modern classicists.

No comments:

Post a Comment