Saturday, March 17, 2018

It seems hard to believe that my Master of Fine Arts in poetry would cause me any doubt, but it did this past month. Of course, I pushed on through it and am charging right along.

Yesterday I sent in my third packet of work to my advisor (a week early) and sent five or six submissions to literary magazines. I also applied for a prosody online course with a couple of great poets. Today I am working on a chap book (60 page book) of poetry to submit to the Omnidawn contest.  I easily have 60 5x7 pages to put out there. I'm going to send a bunch of triolets, sonnets, micropoetry and other poems and see what happens. I really like the poets I have experienced on Omnidawn, so uh, whatever.

This morning I wrote 5 or 6 poems I'm pretty happy about and revised a few from yesterday.

Woot, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment