Friday, October 28, 2022

today's anti-poem is "IN MONGOLIA"

 

IN MONGOLIA

 

Surmise that on merit I am the Emperor of Mongolia at such mercurial time and circumstance that this is the needful

 

Might I order my awesome imperial complex built on the plain where currently dinosaur fossils proliferate

 

Shall I send my otherworldly emissaries with meticulously crafted plans to Patagonia to isolate, quarry and cut the exact stones needed for my re-creation of the Great Pyramid of Cheops upon the Mongolian Dinosaur Plain at the center of the Imperial complex of Luxury – yes, I think so

 

And with stones dressed, finished, polished and blessed they become the latter day instantiation of the Great Pyramid of Cheops (only better) -- with the all-seeing eye at its pinnacle, glowering down at ancient, current and future worlds at my whim-behest shall I beam with pride

 

Certainly no one objects and everyone leaps on-board with this pleasurable program; and schedules, tariffs and rules are devised for all to visit this Mongolian wonderland to be-pilgrim, marvel, and study fossils, wondering about the rise and fall of the ages of reptiles without regard to how that reflects on my contemporary age

 

And I assume to execute orders for operations to maintain the Imperial Complex Status Quo for millennia, indoctrinate world citizenry and create belief systems such that humanity obeys my silliness re: the primacy of the pyramid complex with absolute blind devotion

 

Whereas plagues are inevitable I arrange abolition by assembling a really smart team of epidemiologists, doctors and pharmaceutical research and development teams; environmental engineers and climatologists to work full-time on health control and population maintenance.

 

On the other hand, I might choose to do none of this and just remain an anonymous poet with no sway in Mongolia or anywhere else and merely await implementation of this brilliant scheme someday haphazardly.

No comments:

Post a Comment