Friday, October 22, 2021

Everything Must Be Paranoia and Destruction - today's poem

Everything Must Be Paranoia and Destruction

 

Someway I avoid reincarceration

place one shoe aloft then another

keep down my head avert my eyes

traverse shadows and streetlights

dodge officials on sidewalks

as their mountain aeries go volcanic

 

I’m not paranoid.  They’re out to get me!

They see me as cattle; a cash cow, in fact

expendable – my death none of their concern

Vistas before me are clear and bright

until it cuts into their heathenish profit

then their pretty blimp goes down in flames

 

Political prison dreams started at age 19

I languished in jail cells slowly flooding

as laughing hyenas poked me with clubs

in the brilliant sunlight of mid-day

of my endless sentence in a cold stone jail

while their ocean liner shipwrecked and sank

 

Where do I get the idea that I am at liberty

peeping through my cell bars into the gloom

The jailhouse rocks as though in an earth quake

as hyperborean sun glows here at midnight

and clouds roll ominous stormy and black

until all their high rises crumble and crash

 

As foot-thick walls come falling in on me

I feel like a true cyborg Butch Cavendish

but bad guys who thought I was a friend

trust me to back them in every fight

while I stage a break from Minooka State

while bosses’ silver rockets burst aflame

No comments:

Post a Comment